Shopify Site Speed Analysis - A complete walkthrough
How does a PRO team analyze a Shopify store to improve it's performance and page speed?
The easiest way to do so would be to look at a waterfall. In the videos below I will walk you through 2 different examples on how we analyze a store so you can take a look at your own store as well!
CADEN LANE - A stunning baby clothing retailer is doing some classic mistakes when it comes to Shopify Store Speed
From first glance, the Caden Lane Shopify store looks really good and loads relatively fast on great internet, however, a speed test using TestMyStoreSpeed revealed a speed score of only 26. This means that it would take forever to load on certain network connections.
Two important details we noticed while looking at the Caden Lane store waterfall were:
- Numerous, duplicate apps
- Too many requests
If these problems sound like your store’s, then you MUST WATCH this YouTube video for tips on how to FIX IT!
GREATS - A Shopify Shoe brand clearly has some old code cluttering up their store:
Great shoes, Great looking site but one major problem, low site speed. A quick speed test on the Greats store using TestMyStoreSpeed revealed a speed score of 22 and a page loading time over 4 seconds.
Google estimates a great speed time to be under 3 seconds which means that the Greats store must have high bounce rates. With over 441 requests, we had to see what exactly was slowing down the Greats store and the waterfall showed us exactly that.
Two things we noticed from our speed check were:
- Too many requests and apps loaded more than.
- Numerous, duplicate apps
- Too many images
Here’s how we’ll fix this:
The first step to identifying your Shopify speed problems is to run a speed test on your store. Once that’s done, you can now move on to fixing these problems.
Are you a large Shopify store making over 20,000 USD monthly and a speed score under 70?You need to hire the best Shopify speed optimization agency to get your site speed back into the 80s.
Send us a message NOW! It’s FREE!!!
About Andrew Durot
He is the co-founder of Ecom Experts, a Shopify focused development agency.
Ecom Experts and Andrew's team have been focused on speed optimization - increasing the speed of over 300 stores in last year alone.
Speed Optimization is a repetitive & time-consuming task that most veteran Shopify experts try to avoid.
Andrew and his team has taken it upon themselves to maser the subject and become the largest speed optimization team on he Shopify platform even building out the only Shopify specific speedchecker tool!
- SafetyBlueBlockers Store Reached A Site Speed of 97; Here's How
- BrightMinds Mobile Speed Score Went From 3 to 70 In A Week, Here's How
- How EcomExperts Carefully Optimized the Rightbud.com Shopify Site Speed
- R.Riverter Has A Shopify Speed Score Over 90 and Here's How
- Shopify Site Speed Analysis - A complete walkthrough
- How Happy Coffee Mobile Speed Score Went From 16 to 93
- How Prevail turned a healthy, family-owned, allergy-free beef jerky creation into a sweet success story
- How Headphones.com Mobile Speed Score Went From 21 to 76 In 48 Hours
- How Priya's Teas Shopify Store Went From 31 To 95 Speed Score In A Week