How to Create a Custom Note Field on Your Shopify Cart Page
Why might you want to add a field for notes on your Shopify cart page? You may want to add a custom note field to collect additional information from your shoppers. Maybe your customers would like to add a gift message, extra notes for delivery, packaging notes, etc. Providing a field for customer notes on the cart page will allow them to communicate with you and promote Shopify cart page optimization.
Special Instructions on Shopify Tutorial
For Shopify cart page customization, read this tutorial to find out how to add special instructions on Shopify.
Go to the :
The first step is to add an extra option to the cart. Go to the: https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute.
Note Field Cart Page
From here, you should firstly choose the type of form field. You can choose between:
- Short text
- Long text
- Radio buttons
- Drop-down select
You can use any of the above options, including the checkbox cart page Shopify. For our purposes, we’ll choose long text, and under “your form field label,” type: “Please give us instructions.” and check “Required.” The code is generated at the bottom. Copy the code onto the clipboard to put into your store.
Go to Online Store. Go to Actions and click on Duplicate. Once the copy is made, go to Actions and go to Edit Code.
When you’re in the code, go to Search and begin typing cart-template.liquid. It should be in the Sections section. Click on it, and all the code appears.
When you scroll through the code, you will find form tags. It should say “form action” in the method. This is the start of your form tag. If you scroll down you can find the end, which looks like </form>. You should paste your code somewhere between the beginning and the end of the form tag. Where you place the code will influence how your page looks, so it’s okay to experiment with this a bit. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will paste it at the end of the form tag. Once your code is pasted, hit Save.
Time to see if it works! Go to the online store. Make sure you go to the copy you created, not the original. Go to Actions>Preview. Go to your product and select it, then go to your cart. You should now have a field for notes. Try putting a note in the box to see if it works.
Next, click on Actions in the copy, and click Publish. Now your customers can add special instructions.
Custom Note Field on Cart Page Shopify
Adding a field for special instructions on your cart page will make your store stand out among the other stores because it gives your customers a way to specify their needs. How many of us as shoppers have wished for a place where we could include a note to the seller for some reason or other? Now your shoppers can leave a note cart page because there’s a text field on the cart page.
We hope this special instructions Shopify tutorial was beneficial. Should you have questions, feel free to contact Ecom Experts.
About Andrew Durot
He is the co-founder of Ecom Experts, a Shopify focused development agency.
Ecom Experts and Andrew's team have been focused on speed optimization - increasing the speed of over 300 stores in last year alone.
Speed Optimization is a repetitive & time-consuming task that most veteran Shopify experts try to avoid.
Andrew and his team has taken it upon themselves to maser the subject and become the largest speed optimization team on he Shopify platform even building out the only Shopify specific speedchecker tool!
- Add A Multiple Currency Selector to Your Shopify Store Using Code Tutorial
- Unlimited Bundles and Discounts Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- How to Create A Page of Collections on Shopify Using Code
- Show The Number of Products Left in Stock on Your Shopify Product Page
- Change the Number of Products in the Collection Page- Shopify Tutorial
- DIY Guide to Embed A YouTube Video in Shopify Product Page Tutorial
- Add a Message to the Shopify Product Pages by Using Product Tags - 2021 Easy Tutorial
- How to Add a Delivery Date Picker to Your Cart Page - Easy Step-By-Step Shopify Tutorial
- How To Create A Stunning Parallax Scrolling Section In Your Shopify Store Tutorial
- 6-step Tutorial on How to Add Wholesale To Shopify Store Without Shopify Plus
- How to Add Banner Image to Product Pages Without The App - Quick Shopify Tutorial
- How to add Hover Effect on Main Navigation Bar In Shopify
- How to Add A Gallery Page to Your Shopify Store without the App
- Disable Right-click to Protect Your Images on Shopify Using Code - Tutorial
- How to Auto Hide Sold Out Products on Shopify: DIY Tutorial
- DIY Code: How To Add Continue Shopping Button To Your Shopify Cart Page
- How to Create Custom Product Options on Shopify Without the App in 2021
- How to Select Variants By Clicking Their Images on Shopify
- How to Create a Custom Note Field on Your Shopify Cart Page
- How to Enable Custom File Upload Product Options on Shopify
- How To Show An Alternate Product Image On Your Shopify - Easy Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Tutorial to Set Up Facebook Messenger Chat On Shopify Without App
- DIY Code To Add a Size Chart to Shopify Product Pages
- How To Redirect Shopify Customers After Login, Logout & Account Creation
- 4 Steps to Create a Sticky Header on Shopify: DIY Code
- How to Add Featured Product Slider To Your Shopify Store: Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Shopify Product Description Tabs: 5 easy steps to create your own collapsable descriptions
- Shopify Quick ADD TO CART Button On Collection Page Without The App
- How To Add a CUSTOM FONT To Your Shopify Store Without The App