- Once the Abandonment Protector Shopify app is installed, you should be automatically redirected to the app dashboard.
- The dashboard looks clean and well organized, there is a sidebar on the left. In case you need help with any part of the app, you can watch tutorial videos; there are 4 of them. Right under it, you’ll find app recommendations, and that is it from the homepage.
- Let’s jump right into the sidebar. Here you will find general settings, checkout lists, email logs, and statistics.
Let’s start with popups. Click on it, and you’ll be on a new window. There are four types of popups you can create:
- Exit intent - A popup message will show up to make a final offer when the cursor is detected trying to exit the page at the top section of the screen.
- Welcome message - A popup message will show up to offer an incentive when someone comes to a specific page.
- Newsletter subscription - A popup message will show up when someone clicks the button displayed in your online store.
- Announcement bar - An announcement bar will be displayed at the top of your store when your customer reaches a specific page.
Enable Exit intent popup and maybe customize it a little bit. For the exit-intent popups, there are 3 options, general popup, Exit intent for the shopping cart page, or you can create your own advanced popup.
- From this page, you can edit your exit-intent popup but also the exit-intent email template. Let’s start with an exit-intent popup.
- Customize the general popup, click on edit popup, and you’ll be on a new window.
You can filter this by languages, English, Spanish and French, type, holiday and color. Stick with English and choose this template. Click on it, and a drag and drop builder is opened! You can choose from
- Divider and
- Gif editor
With the Gif editor, you can drag the popup and upload or create a gif.
On this button here you can change settings from the sign-up form to the success form. It is a straightforward process, and you can really make it fit your brand.
This app is considered as one of the most reliable platforms because of its highlight features. For instance, within a minute, app users can create Popups and Email Sequences. The generated Popups will be totally customizable so the store owners can edit based on their preferences. By providing Newsletter subscription forms, online sellers enable collecting valuable statistics and feedbacks. In addition, there is a follow-ups button that the buyers can convert into customers easily.
Save your work and jump to the workflows.
There are significantly more workflows than popups, which is to expect. You can choose between:
- Abandoned checkouts
- New offers for abandoned checkouts
- Thank you email
- Pending orders
- New offers for completed orders
- Purchase feedback
- Newsletter welcome
- Follow us on social networks
Start with the first one, which is abandoned checkouts. Click on it, and you’ll be on a new window. In this Abandoned checkout sequence, you can send up to 3 emails to recover abandoned checkouts. Let’s see how the email editor looks like an amazing collection of templates for you to choose from.
Send a test email to see how it all looks in your inbox, and once you confirm that the email looks good, the walkthrough is done!