- Now you should be on the app dashboard. The dashboard looks simple, with not many items, but this will probably change as you make a mega menu.
- To make your first menu, go back to the dashboard once you finish setting up. So click on add item here, and a new window should pop up. The first step is to choose the icon of your item, you can use the field to search for the icon, and there are plenty of options are available. For the link, you can choose between:
- Home page
- All collections
- All products
- Blog Post
- Search page
- Web address
- For your first item, choose the home page and enable countdown. The countdown is only available on the paid plan; you can preview how it would look on the free plan.
Return back to the dashboard and now make submenus. Hower over the menu item, and two additional options will appear. From here, you can delete the menu item or add a submenu. As mentioned before, 4 types are available, tree, simple, tabbed and contact. Choose one and click on "add item" here. A similar template should display, but this time only name and link, fill this really quick and add 7 different items. If you hover over the submenu items, there is an option to add even more items under the existing ones. Sub-submenu items? Also, from here, you can change the order of the items, edit or delete it.
- The next step is to make another menu item, so click on add item here and the same process as before. Fill in the details and choose a Web address, click OK and choose a submenu type. The simple submenu is not available on a free plan, but you can preview how it looks like.
- Hover over the page item, and now you have an option to add the widget. Click on it, and the same template should appear with the name and link. For the name, create one, and for the link, you can choose between:
- Link List
- Link List with Images
- Featured Collection
- Featured Product
- Featured Blog Post
- Featured Custom
- Best Sellers
- Newest Product
Go on to choose as many as you want.
- Once your page item is all done, you can proceed to the next item. Click on add item here and fill in this really fast since it is nothing new. Now it is time to choose the submenu type, hover over the new item and click on Add tab. Now, you are done making this mega menu! For each submenu item, you can add additional widgets.
- The last menu item is for the contact submenu. Quickly add an item here, and in this section, you should probably add your contact us page or add a link to your website. Now choose your last submenu type, which is contact. The form is automatically generated, and it looks nice. Save this menu by clicking on the blue button, then click on Add & design mega menu button and a new window appears with desktop, mobile and tablet preview.
From here, you can add and design our mega menu. Click on add mega menu, and from the dropdown menu, choose where you want your mega menu to appear and then click on save. The design tab offers some basic customization like colors and fonts, and that is it. Finally, reload your site to see the changes you have made.