Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
Customer trust is vital to the growth and failure of any business. When giving out personal information, your customers need to know they can trust you, and it's this trust that encourages them to divulge their details and complete the payment. A great way to keep your customers at rest is by using Trust badges to encourage customers to release their payment details, in turn boosting your conversion and sales.
The Free Trust Badge app by Shopclimb provides Shopify store merchants with payment trust badges that increase sales conversion and social proof. Using the Free Trust Badge Shopify app, you enjoy access to the largest selection of payment badges on Shopify and 5 design choices to choose from.
With the drag and drop editor of the Free Trust Badge Shopify app, you can now customize the location of your payment badges. This app helps you build customer trust while making their purchase, encouraging them to pay and boost your store's sales.
You can find all you need to know about the Free Trust Badge Shopify app, including its best features, pricing and a tutorial guide to using this app by reading our app review.
- Full-colour badges with multiple designs
- Add badges to multiple pages.
- Fully customizable badges with a drag and drop editor
The Free Trust badge app by Shopify has 4.8 stars and 1433 reviews, most of which are positive.
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
- 145 payment badges
- Customize badge color
- Edit badge sizing
- Customize messaging
- Help center support
- 250,000 pageviews/mo
- Basic features plus...
- Easy drag & drop editor
- Premium support
- 670+ premium badges
- Full-color badges
- Custom CSS
- 2 million pageviews/mo
- Premium features plus...
- Concierge setup
- Priority support
- Unlimited pageviews/mo
Free Trust Badge App Shopify Tutorial
- Once the app is installed, and you'll be automatically redirected to the badge setup page. You'll find the top menu navigation, badge builder on the left, and the central part is dedicated to the preview on this page. Let's start with badge selection.
First, toggle the button from off to on to activate the badge on your store. Next is the Badge selection, and you can see a list of active badges. In case you want to add other badges, just click the plus button. A new window would pop up with a list of badges. Choose as many as you want, and in case you want to change the position of badges, just click on the small arrows.
You can play around with colors, font type, font size, icon size, and format in the Design Settings. In case you want to show the badge labels below icons, just toggle the button from off to on.
Next is Home page settings; unfortunately, this is not available for a free plan. Moving on to the next, which is Product page settings. The default display position for product pages is below the "Add to Cart" button on your storefront. So if you need to display your badges in a different location on product pages, then you can click the Select Location Plus button.
The cart page settings, Footer settings and adding your own CSS are only available for the premium upgrade. Save your settings by either clicking on the blue save buttons on the top right corner or bottom right corner. Once your settings have been saved successfully, next is to see how the icons appear on your shop.
Reload your store and click on one of the products, and right below the add to cart and buy it now buttons, you should see the badges.
Our speed test of this app on our store was done using GTmetrix. We ran a speed test on our store before and after the app was added to compare it easily. Before the app was added, the total product page size was 352KB, and after it was 405, this app added 7 additional requests.
While the app worked in our mobile test, we have to admit that having too many badges looks messy on mobile, so be sure to cut it down.
Customer support is one of the main factors if the app is good or not. Bad or non-existent customer support can have a huge impact on the overall app score. You can find the support for this app if you click on the help button, and you will be automatically taken to the Hector commerce help center. The help center is a source of plenty of useful articles, but you can submit a ticket if you can't find the answer. We tried this out, and it took 4 hours for us to get a response; while helpful, the ticket submission doesn't feel like live chat.