GemPages Easiest Shopify Page Builder & Funnel App? Honest 2021 Review by EcomExperts.io
Looking for a way to build your online store? Make stunning and professional pages with GemPages on your Shopify store, and here’s the best part: there’s no coding required. Its drag and drop function makes it easy for almost anyone to use, and its customization options are virtually limitless.
GemPages frees you from having to hire a web designer to create your pages, which can be costly and time-consuming. You can make edits and updates to your pages on your own terms.
This GemPages review includes rating information, best features, pricing, which apps integrate with GemPages, and a GemPages Shopify tutorial.
- Responsive design
- Intuitive interface makes design easy
- Integrates with over 30 third party apps
- Compatible with all page types and themes
- GemPages home page: choose from many fantastic and useful templates.
- GemPages landing page: boost your conversions with beautiful landing pages.
- GemPages Shopify product page: easily create a GemPages product page template and apply it to all of your products or just a specific product.
- GemPages collection pages: promote and showcase your products.
- Pricing page: Make a well-designed pricing page to increase conversions.
- FAQ page: create a helpful guide for customers about your products.
- Contact page: build your customer list.
- Thank you page: boost revenue by collecting customers’ birthdays, conducting surveys, doing a GemPages upsell at checkout, etc.
- About Us page: allow your customers to get to know you and your brand.
4.9 out of 5 stars, of 2,057 reviews. GemPages reviews rave about their excellent customer service. The developer does a great job of responding to customer reviews, as well.
Words From GemPages
GemPages is one of Shopify’s most popular drag & drop page builders allowing you to focus on conversion and sales rather than design and coding. Modify to your taste our ready-to-use templates or Shopify’s native pages and start selling today.
Are you trying to sell a new product or just testing different landing pages? We made sure to allow our users to create beautiful landing pages effortlessly. Choose a template, adapt it to fit your needs and you’re ready to go!
All of your pages will automatically look great on any devices after you modify them. Great for SEO and conversion on mobiles and tablets.
Our page builder is based on years of research on what prompts users to take action.
Multiple factors including page content, typography, CTA’s styling, product images’ placement, and much more!
Ben Brown from TastePro
What is the nature of your business.
Self guided food tours
How would you rate the importance of the business website in your marketing campaigns?
How did you develop your website at first? What problems did you face at the time?
Lots of issues around how to get people to reserve and pre-pay for restaurants. Displaying relevant info.
When did you start looking for a solution to these said problems?
As soon as I began
How did you hear about GemPages?
Shopify App Store
Is GemPages your first Shopify page builder? If not, please tell us about your experience with other page builder apps you’ve used before.
No, I used shogun before. It was too expensive and the UI wasn’t as easy for people without technical backgrounds
What is your first impression when researching GemPages? What factor that convinced you to try out the app?
Good service for a good price. The price got me to switch from shogun
Tell us a little bit about your trial period. What are the main reasons that persuaded you to stick with GemPages after the free trial?
Amazing customer service, low price and great UI
How often do you use GemPages? What types of pages do you usually create?
Almost every day. Mostly sub pages, collections and product pages
Does GemPages provide you with enough guidance and support?
Human is the best support over the others. You own your perfect support team
How does GemPages help you achieve your business goals? Please be specific if possible.
Makes my website look professional with good UX
What features that prove most effective for you?
Drag and drop elements, liquid code block, easy switching between desktop and mobile, integration with other apps
What features do you want GemPages to have in the future? Is there anything else you want improved?
AB testing, adjust margins for rows
What’s the future plan for your business, and is GemPages a part of it?
Continued expansion and yes I plan to stay with gempages
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
- Gorgias Live Chat 4 Shopify - Features Review & Tutorial
- Stamped.io Product Reviews & UGC - Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Omnisend Email Marketing - Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Shopify SEO App? SEO BOOSTER APP - Honest Review
- GROWAVE Shopify App Review - Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews & UGC
- YOTPO PRODUCT REVIEWS SHOPIFY APP - Honest Review
- PRODUCT REVIEWS SHOPIFY APP - Honest Review and Quick Tutorial
- LOOX SHOPIFY PHOTO REVIEWS APP - Honest Review
- Should you switch to SHOPIFY EMAIL app? Honest Review and Quick Tutorial
- METAFIELDS GURU Shopify App - Quick Tutorial & HONEST REVIEW
- OBERLO DROPSHIPPING - Honest Shopify App Review & Quick Tutorial
- ReCharge Subscriptions Shopify App Review 2021
- Tidio Live Chat Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Spocket EU/US Dropshipping Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop & Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- VolumeBoost- Volume Discount Shopify App Review & Tutorial
- 5 Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps
- Is Smile.io The Best Rewards & Loyalty App For Your Shopify Store? Honest 2021 Review
- What Can You Do With Zipify Pages Builder & Editor? Honest 2021 Shopify App Review
- Can You Quickly Grow Sales Using Lucky Orange Heatmaps & Replay? 2021 Shopify App Review
- Infinite Options Shopify App - App Review and Quick Tutorial by Ecom Experts
- Should You Use One Click Upsell by Zipify On Your Shopify Store? 2021 Review
- MODALYST REVIEW - Should you use THIS DROPSHIPPING App in 2021?
- GemPages Easiest Shopify Page Builder & Funnel App? Honest 2021 Review by EcomExperts.io
- CartHook Post Purchase Offers App Review and Tutorial
- Bundler-Product Bundles App Review
- Unlimited Pages
- Drag & Drop Page Builder
- 2 Page Types
- 65+ Page Elements
- 30+ App Integrations
- SEO Optimization
- High-speed CDN
- Email Support
- Everything in Starter, plus:
- All Page Types
- 50+ Block & Page Templates
- Fastest CDN
- Lazy Loading
- Custom Code Editor
- Live Chat Support
- Everything in Pro, plus:
- Up to 03 Store Installations
- Sync between Stores
- Advanced Settings
- Priority Support
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel and Ads
- Product reviews
- Ali Reviews
- Bold Product Options
On the dashboard, there is a list of items to the left: subpages, templates, content creation, and help center. For customer support, there is a live chat in the bottom right corner. There’s also an amazing library of video tutorials.
To create your first page, go to the dashboard and click Create New Pages. A new window appears with a list of templates, and by clicking on the first button, you can create your own template. Click on this button, and a new window appears for the subpage name. Give it a name, such as autumn/ winter 2019 sale, click on the Create New button. If your website is password protected, you will need to enter your password so the app can work properly.
On the page editor, in the box, you can add a new section at the template or drag elements from the left sidebar. If you click on Add a New Template, several premade blocks and templates will appear. Hover over a block and select it. If you want to add elements from this block, click on it on the left block and the settings will appear.
From the text block you can change the font, color, spacing, height, and alignment, and if you click on the Design button, you can play with the visibility, spacing, background, border, shadow, and opacity.
Go back to the Elements section and in the first section you can choose between the row heavy text blog image icon button separated in a liquid. Drag the separator from the sidebar and drop it where you want. As soon as a separator is dropped, the sidebar settings for this element will appear.
We can change the color, type, dimension, and alignments. In the Design tab, you have visibility, spacing, background, border, shadow, and opacity.
Click on your heading and type something like, “The new collection is here!”
At the top of the page, you can change the device preview to desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile. You can also export data, upgrade, save preview, and publish the page.
In the Banners section, you can choose between the parallax and the hero banner. To keep your page speed up to snuff, it’s advisable to go with the hero banner.
In the Stacks section, you can add tabs, carousel, pricing, and an accordion. Drag and drop an infinite number of tabs. There are two tab styles: default and underline. You can change the color, border size, alignment. If you want to customize even more, you can go to the Design tab.
The GemPages app allows you to add icon list hoz and icon lists.
In the Module tab, you can add Google Maps and Instagram elements, so if you have a brick and mortar store, you can add it on Gooogle Maps, so your customers can find you easily.
In the next section, you can add custom popups. You can choose between a regular popup or a video popup.
If you want to show a video on your page, you can choose between YouTube, Vimeo, and video background. You can also decide if you wish to enable the sound with a toggle button.
In the Product section, you can choose from product, product list, related products, title, description, price, quantity, image, image lists, variants, swatches, card button, view more, and stock counter.
You can create your own product section with custom text, pictures, price, etc. You add the product list, and the list is automatically generated. You can choose a collection you want to show, the number of products per row, the number of products in total, spacing, and heights of this element.
In the Booster section you can choose to add countdown, counter, social share, and MailChimp. In the form field, you can add contact form, email field, text field, area dropdown, checkbox, and submit button. You can basically create your own contact fields or you can use the pre-made one.
The Collection elements are in the beta testing phase, but from here you can add collection banner, collection title, collection description, tool bar, and the paginator.
Finally, in the Article element, you can use it for your blog pages or if you want to add some article section on your other pages. You can choose from the article list, title, content, image, and date.
Click on the blue button that says Publish. Choose your page title, URL, and handle. Also, you can add a meta-description in the lazy loading and click on Publish Now.
To uninstall and remove this code from your store, go to your store dashboard, and you’re looking for GemPages. Click the Delete icon on the far right, and another window pops up. Click on Remove. Shopify removes GemPage’s access to your store, but the code is still in your store. You need to go inside your code and remove it there as well.
Go to the store admin dashboard on the left sidebar. Under the sales channel, click on online store. A set menu will appear. On the top of the theme template, there are two buttons: Actions and Customize, so now you will go inside the code, click on Actions, and a dropdown menu appears. Select edit code. Click Layout on the left sidebar. You’re looking for a file called t.gem-layout-non.liquid. Click on the file, and the code is opened.
On the top right corner are three tabs: Delete, Rename, and Save. Click Delete file, and a pop-up window says: Are you sure you want to delete layouts/themegemlayout-non.liquids. Click delete.
Go to the Template published pages. HTML contents are always saved inside templates. The name starting with index.gempage.gemarticle.gem. The exact files you need are index.gem-preview.liquidpage.gem with the long code 463 etc.-template.liquidpage.gem with a different code-template.liquid. The fact that it says page.gem refers to the gem pages app builds. You will select the files and delete them one by one as you did with the first file.
Go to the next menu item: Snippets. This is where the app header and footer files are found and your exact files, in this case, are gem-app-footer-scripts.liquid and gem-app-header-scripts.liquid. Select the files and delete them one by one as you did with the other files. Because these are script files, they slow you down more than the previous ones mentioned.
We recommend this app for anyone who wants to test their landing pages. Usually, these types of drag and drop builders do slow down the website relatively significantly, but that’s fine if you want to test your landing page’s design. Once you know that specific landing page converts, let your developer know and they will hard-code the exact same page in real life, significantly speeding up your store. This is the perfect alternative to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
If you’re not convinced, yet, GemPages has a 10-day free trial you can play around with to see if it’s worth the investment. However, you really get a lot of value from this app. If you’re just starting out without a lot of products in your store, the Standard plan is probably best for you. If, on the other hand, you’re wanting to do promotions and launch marketing campaigns, the Pro plan is probably a better fit. The Advanced plan is great for someone working with clients who have several stores.
So if you’re looking for a product that is intuitive with lots of options for customization and requires no coding, GemPages may just be the answer for you.