Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms Shopify App Review and Tutorial
Email marketing is a great way to reach new and existing customers. Using this form of marketing, business owners can send email campaigns to reach their customers. Customers are also kept updated of changes to the business as well as promotions, discounts and sales using these emails.
Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms app by Klaviyo is one of the most popular email solutions among Shopify store owners, if not the most popular. It uses data from your Shopify store and automatically sends abandoned cart emails to your customers and also you get A/B testing tools, segmentation, the responsive drag and drop email creator, and much more.
This article is a detailed review of the Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms app by Klaviyo, its features, integrations and a tutorial on how to use it.
Klaviyo is the leading ecommerce marketing platform in the Shopify ecosystem. Over 50,000 stores around the world use Klaviyo to send personalized email, SMS messages, signup forms and more.
- Powerful pre-built integrations
- Free and flexible account options
- Pre-built forms, templates, and automations
- Personalization and targeting
- Dynamic forms
- Out-of-the-box automations
- Best-in-class segmentation
- Growth focused reporting
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
Klaviyo is free up to 250 contacts, however for more contacts, paid plans start from $20/month. We tried it out, so for let's say 300 contacts you will pay $20, for 1000 you will pay $30, for 50,000 $700 each month.
Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms by Klaviyo integrates with Zapier which allows you to instantly connect Klaviyo with 2,000+ apps to automate your work including:
- Octane AI
- Sumo and
The Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms app by Klaviyo app has received 4.7 stars on the Shopify app store. Most reviews of the app are positive.
KLAVIYO: EMAIL, SMS & FORMS APP TUTORIAL
- To start using Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms by Klaviyo, start by installing the app, signing up and completing the verification process. Once the verification is complete, you’ll be redirected to the start guide.
- Using the gstart guide, start by adding your website and choosing the type of your company, you can choose between e-commerce, non-profit and “something else”. Next, go on to choose the platform you are using and connect the account with the platform.
- Next in line is to input your email details. Klaviyo needs your business's mailing address to ensure that emails comply with anti-spam laws.
- Go on to upload your logo, after which you will be able to choose the colors and font of your brand. The last step in the design section is reserved for header and social links. And that is all from the start guide.
Now, you can move on to the dashboard. On the dashboard, you would see a sidebar with:
- Email templates
- Lists and segments
- Data feeds
- Signup forms
- Preference pages
- Image library and
Klaviyo utilizes a drag and drop email composer. This lets you create your email designs with relative ease and gives you a preview of what the email will look like in subscribers’ inboxes.
That said, Klaviyo doesn’t sell themselves on great email design. While you’ll be able to create emails that are fully mobile responsive, Klaviyo’s not the tool for creating mind-blowing designs.
To create your first email campaign,click on the campaign from the sidebar, give the campaign a name and choose tags. Once you finish with this window you will be redirected to the recipients’ section.
Here you can play with including and excluding certain lists, use smart sending and UTM tracking.
In the content section, you can choose from 4 different email types. You can create it by using drag and drop builder, text-based, choose the template from the library or code your own email content.
You can choose from any of the templates provided and go on to customise it by just dragging and dropping elements. If you want to edit a specific element, just click on it. Next preview it, you can choose to send it to the email or preview it in klaviyo.
Moving on to flows
- In Klaviyo, a flow is an automated sequence that is set in motion by a specific trigger and then includes one or more steps. Flows can be built to send timely communications to recipients via email or SMS, or they can simply apply certain actions, like updating a specific field on a profile.
Klaviyo flows are designed to make it easy to initiate and nurture relationships with your subscribers and customers over the course of their lifecycle. With flows, you can automate emails that will help grow your business, without losing any of the personalization and relevancy needed to build strong customer loyalty.
The Klaviyo Flow Library has a range of pre-built flows that span the customer lifecycle. There are three ways you can filter your view to browse different options:
If you want to create the flow from scratch just choose an option, name, tags, and triggers. You can go on to add actions, timing, and logic, just drag and drop them and your email automatization is done.