Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
Are you looking for a Custom Metafields app that lets you edit existing Metafields and add new ones to your Shopify store? Then the Metafields Custom Field Master by HulkApps is precisely what you're looking for, or so the app claims.
Metafields allow you to add custom data fields to your Shopify store, optimizing the quality of content. The Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify app gives you the superpower to add, manage, import or export additional fields for addons you want to include in your store.
Using Metafields Custom Field Master, Shopify merchants can now modify their store's Metafields which would in no way affect their store's theme. Metafields Master allows you to build, add, modify and manage meta fields in your store, but will not change the theme you are using. It also allows you to scale data with ease by customizing fields using its Custom Fields form.
The Metafields Custom Field Master has so much more benefits, and you can find out all about it in our detailed review of this Shopify app.
- Bulk Import/Export
- Global Custom Fields
- HTML, Date, Email, Phone, URL, Color Fields
- Image Upload, File Upload
- Add Unlimited Fields To A Resource
- Customize The Appearance Of Storefront & Show More Information
- Store & Transfer Data Between Store & Another E-commerce System
- Track Internal Data The App Needs
- Modify Page Templates To Hide/show Various Features
- 1% + $0.05 / Transaction As Extra Fee
- Unlimited Fields
- Bulk Edit/Delete
- Basic Field Types (String & Integer)
- Multiple Language Support
- Everything in Free, Plus
- Import/Export Metafields (Via ID Or Handle)
- One Click Metafields Export
- Advance Field Types
- 5MB Image/File Upload
- Everything In Pro, Plus
- Multiple Templates
- Global Metafields
- Priority Support
- 15MB Image/File Upload
- After you installed the app and integrated it with your Shopify or Shopify plus account, the app will take you automatically to its main dashboard.
The dashboard looks simple, a lot better than Metafields manager's. From here, you can choose from Available Resources, such as Shop, product, order, customer, collection, page and blog.
- Start with Page to see how it works. This option has a search button, so there's no need to scroll through thousands of pages. Choose the page you want to edit; in this case, it is the Metafields app. Here you can see some of the meta fields you already made using Metafields manager, and to create a new meta field, click on the blue button that says create new.
A new window should appear for Metafield creation. Enter Metafield namespace, key description and type. A namespace is used to group different meta fields together logically; if you don't have a lot of meta fields, you can just use local or global.
To write the instruction for this, start with a key which the name or label of the specific Metafield. A good way of thinking about it is understanding it as an identifier. The description is not mandatory, but it can be helpful if you want to describe your meta field in detail.
Now you need to choose the type of Metafield you want to add. If you are using a free plan, you can choose only between integer and string, which is the biggest downside of this app. Work with what you have now, and choose string. Next, there's the value; input this and save it.
Going back to the previous page, it's time to see what you have created. From here, you can copy the code, edit Metafield, delete and preview. Finally, grab the code and enter it into your page code.
Again it would be great if we could just automatically add this code to the desired page or product; this way, you can screw your theme a big if you are not absolutely sure how to do it.
After you copy the shortcode to the page, it's time to go back to the app to see what else we can do with it. You should note that Import and Export are not available on the free plan. On the free plan, you can add integer or string only.
The Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App is very useful if you are ready to pay for it, you can also add HTML, Date, Email, Phone, URL, Color Fields, Image Upload, File Upload or bulk Import or export data.
However, we didn't like things about this app; first, with a free plan, you can't do much; if you want to do a little more customization, you need to pay for it or switch to another app. Another reason why this app wouldn't be of our choosing is that it crashes all the time. During our test run, it crashed 4 out of 10 times we opened it.