Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
Customer reviews greatly strengthen brand credibility while also influencing customers to make purchase decisions. Showing new customers proof of the excellent service you have offered to other customers gains their trust, encouraging them to interact with your company which means more sales and profits for your brand.
To create a proper review structure, it would be a lot easier to automate the entire process, and you have to find the right app for that. This is where Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC Shopify app comes in.
Using the Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC Shopify app, Shopify store merchants can now fully automate the ratings, reviews and feedback collection process. Okendo provides you with all the tools you need to capture and show off social proof on your site using its highly customizable widgets.
EcomExperts has conducted a detailed app review of Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC Shopify app, its best features, rating, and a quick how-to tutorial on using this app.
- Review request emails: Configurable sending triggers to send automated request emails at the perfect time.
- Customer photos/video reviews: Let customers visually showcase their experiences by adding photos and videos to their reviews.
- Review displays: Extensive range of widgets to showcase customer-generated content at strategic locations through the buying journey.
- Marketing tools: Push review content to Google Search, Google Shopping, Facebook and Instagram to drive qualified shopper traffic.
- Analytics & insights: Email performance analytics, sentiment analysis, natural language processing and review performance dashboards.
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
Up to 500 orders/month
- Automated Review Request Emails
- Photo & Video Reviews
- Rewards Engine
- 15+ Review Displays
- Google Rich Snippets
Up to 2,000 orders/month
- Email Sequences
- Attribute Ratings
- Facebook Ads
- Google Shopping Integration
- Available for Shopify Plus
Up to 5,000 orders/month
- Customer Success Manager
- Design Customizations
- Klaviyo Integration
- Media Galleries
- Advanced Reporting
Up to 20,000 orders/month
- API Access
- Headless Support
- VIP Support
- Bazaarvoice Integration
- Unlimited Store Fronts
Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC Shopify App Tutorial
- Once you have installed and integrated the Okendo Product Reviews & UGC Shopify app, you'll be directed to the start guide. On the first page, you'll find installation; there 3 options are available,
- Developer install-Okendo will send you email instructions for you to install, or you can choose
- Okendo install - where the okendo support team will handle the installation for you, free of charge.
Clicking on auto-install and the green button from the install details tab. Okendo duplicates your current theme, only adding the okendo widget to the copy of the theme and tidying up old review widgets.
- Next, click on start installation, and now you just need to sit and wait until the installation is done. After a little more than 2 minutes, the preview of your them should be done, so click on the "open preview in new window" button.
On the product page, scroll down to find the review. The quality and value bar and "was this helpful" feature are great additions. To return to the app, click on the product page and "open preview in new window" here. Click on Yes to return to the dashboard and click on continue to admin, and you should be on the app dashboard!
The dashboard looks clean, menu to the left with the list of items:
- Get Started
- General and
On the get started tab, you'll find tips for the menu. Click on the next item from the menu, which is Moderation. You can see all the reviews in the moderation tab, be it pending, approved or rejected; just choose from this drop-down menu. New reviews will be waiting for your approval in the pending section here.
Next, the products tab which contains a list of your products with the number of reviews and average rating.
Attributes enable you to capture deeper insights into who your customers are and what they love (and don't love) about your products. Click on the green button that says "Create Attribute," and a new window should open. The first step is to choose a collection; just pick one from the drop-down menu. In case you can't find your collection click on the green button that says Don't see your collections? Or contact support via live chat. If you are lucky and can see your collections, you can set both product and customer attributes. There are four types of attributes:
- Range: Customers provide a rating on a scale of 1-5.
- Centred Range: Customers provide a rating on a scale of 1-5.
- Multi-Select: Customers can select multiple options.
- Single Select: Customers must select a single option.
- In the review section, the next step is groups. Product groups allow you to display reviews from multiple products on a single product page.
Once you're done with reviews, jump to the email real quick and choose automated. In the automated mail tab, you can set emails that are sent automatically to your customers after a purchase, asking for a review. In this section, you can fully customize your email, and you can also include a discount code which is nice.
On the loyalty tab, there are 3 options for rewards: available coupons, loyalty points and no reward for leaving the review. Click on loyalty points, and you need to finish general settings before you can do anything in this step. Go to general settings here, and a new window should appear. In this tab, the first step is to set rules for your email notifications, you can choose if you want to get notifications each time customers leave reviews, and you can set rules for the daily and weekly digest.
In the general settings tab, you can also set rules for auto-publishing; just toggle the buttons from off to on. 7 integrations are available, including smile.io. In case you want to import or export reviews, this is the place where you can do that too.
On the widget settings, you can choose to
Show Review Widgets
Show the "Write a Review" Button and
Show Reviews Tab, which adds a small, floating tab to your store, which, when clicked, displays all your published reviews.
Turn as many as you want on, and for the review order, you can go with Media first. You can choose to allow media uploads in reviews and social media login in the capture form settings. For styling, click on style review widgets, and a new window should appear. In this tab, you can change colors, spacing and visibility for every element of your widget. Check the visibility section here, and customize your widget to fit your theme and your needs.
While the Okendo Product Reviews & UGC Shopify app is a newcomer on the market, it has excellent potential. Its features and integration to smile.io allows you to capture a huge amount of reviews in a short time.
We should point out, though, that it is not so easy to navigate design. There should be some progress bar for us users as this app is not your ordinary product review app.