Omnisend Email Marketing - Shopify App Review and Tutorial
Shopify store owners have started discovering the benefits of email marketing and started using it as a way to boost engagement and sales. The next step would be to decide on the email marketing app for your store.
Omnisend is an omnichannel marketing automation channel that allows Shopify store owners to manage their SMS, web push notifications, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, pop-ups, segmentation, and dynamic Facebook and Google ad integrations.
Using Omnisend, Shopify merchants looking to increase sales while doing little work. It features full Shopify integration, pre-built automation workflows and an intuitive design.
The Omnisend Email Marketing app for Shopify allows eCommerce store owners to drive their sales using autopilot by automating abandoned cart recovery, reactivating lost customers and engaging them using email, SMS.
To help you decide if this is the right email marketing campaign app for you, we have created a detailed review of the Omisend Email Marketing app for Shopify.
Best Features of Omnisend Email Marketing App for Shopify
- Mobile friendly fully customizable forms
- Robust segmentation
- Combine email and SMS channels
- Newsletters & targeted campaigns
- Ecommerce automations
The Omisend Email Marketing app has a 4.7-star rating on the Shopify app store and 3881 reviews, many of which are positive, citing ease of use, as well as excellent customer service.
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
Omnisend Email Marketing App Shopify App Tutorial
- Once the app is installed, you would be redirected to the account creation window, where you can see the first step out of 3. Fill this in and click on get started; next, you need to input information about the business; most of this would be filled automatically. At the third step, you would need to choose the industry as Omnisend tailors user experience according to your industry.
- Once this is complete, the start guide opens, and you would be directed to the welcome page. You'll find more information about the automation, campaigns, segments, sign up forms, and reporting on this page. Once you reach the dashboard, you will see a list of recommended steps.
- The dashboard is very simple and really easy to navigate. There are no unnecessary items.
To create a new campaign, click on create new campaign here, and a new window would open up. On this page, you can choose which campaign type do you want to send
- Email campaign
- Email A/B test
- SMS or
- Push notification campaign
You will have more options in case you are using some of the apps Omnisend integrates with. Choose a simple email campaign; the first step in the campaign creation is settings. Fill in:
- The subject line - you can include a campaign booster where the app will send the additional email 48 hours after the initial campaign to those who have not seen the initial campaign but are most likely to click and convert.
- The sender's name and email you will need to the store settings to actually add the email; it will take just a few seconds
- Placeholder - The Preheader is a short text that follows the subject line of your emails.
- Campaign name for internal use and
- Language - you can choose between 20 languages; in case your language is not available, you can translate it by clicking on this button here
- In case you want to Auto-Post email campaign to your Facebook page - just click on connect Facebook here
Omnisend track opens, clicks and other metrics for this campaign and will add UTM tags for Google Analytics tracking.
Click on the next step, and it should take you to the template page. There are two types of templates: standard and themed.
On the content page, you should find the well-known drag and drop builder! There are 18 standard blocks; drag and drop them, click on it to edit. Easy as that. In case you don't like the colors of the email, check out the design tab here. You can choose between designed themes, or you can create your custom design in order to make it fit your overall brand. From this page, you can send the test email, after which you can move on to the recipients.
Here you can choose if you want to send the campaign to all your subscribers or choose from your segments. The last step is to review and send an email; on this page, you can send the email now or schedule it later, which can be very handy during the busy sales day. Moving on to automation, you should be able to see it if you have a payment set up; if you can't see anything, be sure to contact their customer support.
On the automation tab, you should be able to create flows from any of the 9 premade workflows or customize your own workflow.
Omnisend also allows you to create your own custom forms. You will get one premade - newsletter signup form, which you can customize a little bit. From the drop-down, choose edit, and the first step is to choose the theme. In the next step, you will be able to customize the form even further; you can check the preview for both mobile and desktop versions. Publish and reload your page to see the changes you have made.
Omnisend integrates with most of the big Shopify apps. Their integration with Zapier allows you to connect Omnisend with 2,000+ apps to automate your work instantly. Some of the popular integrations
Using our speed test tool, testmystorespeed.com, we ran a speed test to see if Omnisend affected our store speed. This app added 14 additional requests to all the pages, and the page size when up by about 200KB. We'll advise that you run a speed test before and after installing this app.
Our mobile test also shows that the Omnisend Email Marketing app for Shopify works very well on mobile. Customer support is available via live chat, but you can check their help centre if you don't want to wait. It has a bunch of useful articles, so the answer would probably be there.