PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
As an eCommerce store owner, you may have at some point tried to place orders on other websites and probably also abandoned your cart. When this happens, you might have also noticed that you receive constant email reminders asking you to complete your order, some of them even containing discount codes. Getting all of us might have convinced you to complete your order, and your first thought might have been how do I get this for my Shopify store?
The PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify is exactly what you need. Using the PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify, you can reduce the cart abandonment rate on your Shopify store by sending automatic notifications to your customers. You can also upsell products and offer incentives to your customers to buy more.
If you want to know more about the PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify, then you have come to the right place; this app review should answer all your questions.
Best Features of PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify
- Segmentation Builder / Subscriber segments
- Custom Reporting
- Optimized delivery times
- Flash sales (expiry time)
- Subscriber sync
- Personalized notifications
- Notification Center Icon
The PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify has a 4.9-star rating and 1521 reviews on the app store. The reviews of this app are positive, noting its user-friendly design, clean dashboard and detailed insights.
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
500 Impressions per month
- Unlimited Subscribers
- Push Notification Scheduling
- Welcome notification sequence
- Back-in-stock Automation
- Price Drop Automation
- Conversion tracking
- Basic Reports (impressions, clicks, revenue)
- Chat Support
10,000 Impressions per month
- All Basic Features
- Abandoned Cart Reminders (sequence with 3 editable notifications)
- Hero Images (large image inside the push notification)
- Shipping Notifications
- Subscriber Details (sync subscribers with Shopify account data)
- Subscriber migration (import & export of existing subscribers from other platforms)
- All Business Features
- Subscriber segmentation
- Flash sale (notifications with expiry time)
- Smart Delivery (delivery optimized for individual subscribers)
- Browse Abandonment to bring back subscribers that viewed a product but didn't take any action
- Dedicated Strategy Manager
- Integration Engineer
- Custom Buttons for triggering the subscription prompt
- Notification Center Icons for better brand recall
- Phone Support
- Advanced Analytics (Coming soon)
- PWA by Amplify Me
- Now back in stock
- Litefy and
- Global Apps
PushOwl Web Push Notifications Shopify App Tutorial
- Start by installing the app from the Shopify app store. Then you can move on to the start guide. On the start guide, the first step is Meet push notifications, and here you should get the push notification definition "Push notifications are concise, compelling and clickable messages that are shown directly on the screens of your customers."
- Click on "continue", and you should find more info about notifications; on desktop, notifications are shown even if the browser is closed, and on mobile, you can see push notifications on the lock screen. Also, there is no need for your customers to provide their email addresses or phone numbers; all they have to do is just click on an 'Allow' button.
- To test how this push notification looks, first add your brand logo. In the next step, you can change the notification text in this step, then click on continue.
The next page should give you more information about the app; Pushowl will automatically send cart abandonment, back in stock and notification for discounted prices. That is it, so click on finish.
On the dashboard's sidebar, you would find a list of items:
- Campaign creation
- Reports for Campaigns and subscribers
- Widgets and
- App settings
There are some basic campaign analytics on the home page, and from here, you can play with the time frame for more precise insight.
Next, click on Automation in the sidebar, and it should expand with the list of automated campaigns. Abandoned Cart reminders and Shipping notifications are pro features, so you have to upgrade your plan to use them.
To set up the Back in Stock Alert, a notification sent to subscribers whenever an out-of-stock product is available; again, click on the icon. In case you want to turn this auto campaign off, you can do that by toggling the button from on to off. In the following section, you have a preview of our notification, and in case you want to customize it, just click on the green button that says edit this notification. Here you can change the title, message, and a primary link. Product images are dynamically generated, which is a nice feature. Once you are satisfied with the design of the app, just click on done, and you will be back to the previous window.
PushOwl lets you add Flyout Widget Content - a widget which content is used on out-of-stock product pages. You can change the Message text, yes button and success message. Under it, you can see how the notification will look like.
For price drop notifications, a notification sent to subscribers whenever the price of a product is dropped. If you want to add it too, click on the Price drop in the sidebar and the same template appears. After filling this in, you can jump to welcome notifications.
Click on Welcome Notification from the sidebar, and a new tab should open. As the name says, a welcome notification is a notification sent to the subscriber as soon as they subscribe to your store notifications.
To create a campaign, click on create a campaign from the sidebar, and it should take you to a new window. This feature is used if you want to send announcements or do a flash sale for only subscribed users. You can also schedule it, which can be frankly very useful on a busy sales day.
Finally, the widgets tab. First, you have a Browser Prompt notification, which may not be changed due to the browser's security restrictions. But you can play with a prompt timer for both desktop and mobile. Pushowl allows you to show an attractive message to your visitors and urge them to subscribe via an overlay. You can turn it on here. Also, one more interesting feature, you choose to turn on a flyout widget which is basically the widget for a fake approval that takes place before showing the browser prompt for actual permission. Finally, reload your store to see the changes.
We loved the PushOwl Web Push Notifications app for Shopify; its intuitive web design, amazing features and detailed insights gave us all the reason.