- Once the Recart FB Messenger Marketing app for Shopify is installed, you’ll be taken to a start guide. The first page of the start guide is dedicated to the app info. With recart, you can add customers to your messenger subscribers list, keep subscribers engaged, send promotions, increase customer satisfaction and lifetime value; and creators of this app suggest that you should start quickly and then optimize every detail to fit your brand and strategy.
Next is account creation, where you have to input your email and phone number. This app allows you to add another team member as the email recipient. Fill in this real quick, and the next step is to connect your FB page. There’s a live chat option at the bottom of the page; in case you need assistance during the start guide, you don’t have to wait to be on the dashboard. Back to the start guide, click on the blue button that says connect, and a new window should popup.
Give necessary permissions, and it should return you to the app. Click on the blue button that says connect, and after that, next.
- On this page, you should link your Facebook ad account. Just choose from the list and click on next.
Next, choose other form or popup and click on next; now it’s time for widget customization. Here in the start guide, you can only change the text for optin and discount widgets. Discount is not automatically generated, so you will need to do it manually in the Shopify admin. Moving to the dashboard, you’ll find a sidebar with the app features and settings.
Let’s start with the homepage since that is the page you’re currently on. You can find basic analytics about each of your campaigns on the homepage, the number of subscribers and the number of extra sales this app brought you. Let’s go to the conversion starters.
You can choose to include:
- Wellcome popup
- Sticky Discount Box
- Self-service messenger popup and custom messenger popup integration, you will need a third-party app for these two conversion starters
- Customer chat - Allows customers to message your Facebook page via Messenger
- Discount Widget
- Add to cart popup and widget
- And order page subscription, which allows customers to subscribe to your Messenger conversations
You can turn any of these by toggling this button from off to on, and in case you want to edit it, just click on this small button here. The editor is similar to the one on the start guide, but you can also change colors and checkbox skin. Click on Save and Enable, and you’ll be back to the previous page.
Now, to check the next item in the sidebar, which is all abandoned carts. In this window, you will have an insight into all abandoned carts in your shop, how many were recovered, which ones have email, phone, etc.
OK, take a look at the messenger. You can include six automated campaigns in the messenger window, including an abandoned cart campaign with up to 3 recovery messages, photo reviews, and messenger fulfillment notification. In case you want to notify your customers about the latest news and valuable content, you can do that via instant messenger campaigns.
And that is it! Now it is time to check what you have done, so moving to the demo shop. This all looks very good! Buttons are working, and the design is really good.