Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
E-commerce stores have turned to Web Push Notification as a marketing channel. Customers are now unwilling to share their details for privacy reasons and this is why push notifications are becoming increasingly popular. Compared to other channels, Push Notification does not collect a lot of information from customers and the few it does collect cannot be shared or resold.
This is why as an e-commerce store you need Web Push Notifications and Smart Push Marketing might be the app for you. Using Smart Push Marketing, you can now generate traffic for your Shopify store boosting sales and recapturing lost sales.
Using its automated and targeted notification flows, you can now send targeted notifications on sales, discounts and more exciting offers to your customers.
Smart Push Marketing claims to offer a number of benefits to Shopify store owner and you can find out all you need to know in this app review.
- Recover Abandoned Carts and Abandoned Checkouts
- Subscriber Segmentation
- Multi Platform Support:
Smart Push Marketing has 4.7 stars and 1488 reviews on the Shopify app store. Many of the app reviews are enthusiastic and positive, testifying to the app’s efficiency.
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Tutorial
- Start by installing the Smart Push Marketing Shopify app after integration, you should be on the dashboard. The dashboard is simple, usual hextom design first you’ll see app recommendations, right under it basic analytics, and after that, have app functions.
On the left, you can find a navigation menu with the functions from the dashboard:
- Subscribe Widget
- Welcome Discount
- Abandoned Browser Recovery
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Shipping Notification
- Back in Stock Alert
- Price Drop Alert
- Customer WinBack
- Subscribers and Segment
- Let’s start with the Subscribe widget click on the subscribe widget from the navigation to the left and a new window should appear. The first section is reserved for requests for visitors to subscribe to your push notification, enable this as without it you wouldn’t be able to send your push notifications.
OK, the first step is done now you need to set up your prompt widget. In your prompt widget, you should urge your visitors to become subscribers. The preset message is “Receive our latest discount codes, sales, and updates” not bad, but you should definitely change it to something that will fit your brand. You can set time rules, add your store’s logo, play with colors and if you are a paid member, you can remove hextom branding. Click on save and you can proceed to the next step which is a welcome discount.
A new window with a welcome notification should appear. Again well-known design, editor on the left and preview on the right. You can change the preview for different devices, windows, mac, and mobile. In the editor, you can change the title, description, and primary link. Also if you want to push your visitors even further you can include a discount code, additional buttons and add your company logo.
The next step is Abandoned Browser Recovery. In case you don’t know what abandoned browser recovery is, well it is basically notification to subscribers who left your store after viewing products, but without purchasing or cart abandonment.
OK, now that you know what Abandoned Browser Recovery is it’s time to see what you can do in this window. The same template as in the previous step, and you’ll probably see it again through the app. First, you should get the note “All the links of abandoned browser push notifications are dynamically generated based on each subscriber's last view product.”, nice start. This app allows you to set time rules, change title and description. Again you can offer a discount and add custom buttons right in the notification. Click on save and it is time for what may be the most exciting part of this app.
Yes, you guessed it right it’s time for Abandoned Cart Recovery Automation. Choose Abandoned Cart Recovery from the navigation to the left and a new window should appear. Smart Push Marketing app allows you to send up to 3 notifications after the cart is abandoned. Amazing right? You can choose the time when the notification is sent and other fields are the same as you had on the previous steps. Click on save and your Abandoned Cart recovery notifications are ready!
- Next in line is Order Shipping Notification. There are 3 types of notifications:
Notification After Order Paid
Notification after order fulfilled and
Tracking info notification
Nothing new in terms of customization, except you can’t offer a discount with these types of notifications. Also, all links and images in the notifications are automatically generated based on the customer's previous behavior which is a very nice feature!
Click on the back in stock alert from the left menu. Back in stock alert is a notification to subscribers when their desired product is back in stock, You can also include a discount code to encourage them to buy now. On this window, you can change the title and description and also add up to 2 buttons.
Here are some other things you can do with this app:
- Add Price Drop Alert - notifications to subscribers when the product price is dropped.
Customer WinBack Automation - Send up to 2 push notifications to subscribers who have purchased before, and bring them back to buy more.
Send Promotion Push to Any Selected Subscribers Groups - Create a one-time campaign for promotions or sales, and push your awesome deals to any subscriber segment group
Return to your store to see what you have done.
After you have installed, customized and tested the Smart Push Marketing Shopify app its time to figure out how you uninstall this app from your store. Go back to your Shopify dashboard. On the left, there’s a sidebar menu. First click on Apps and a new window pops up. Here you have all the apps installed in our store.
Find the Smart Push Marketing app and uninstall, if you don’t find it here, then follow these steps.
Go to your dashboard, the left sidebar again. Under the Sales channel, click online stores, a sub-menu will appear select “Themes” . On the new window you should be able to view your current theme. On top of our theme template, there are two buttons - Actions and Customize. Click on action and a drop-down menu appears, select “edit code” then you’ll be taken to a new window where you can find the coding for our app.
This navigation menu on your left will guide you to track the code. Click on ‘Layout’ and the menu expands, then click theme.liquid. The code should open ony our window. The code should have the name Hexom after the developers of the app. The app code should be at the bottom of this theme coding.
Scroll down, highlight it and press delete. Once it’s gone click the save button at the top right corner. And there you go! “Asset saved.” The app should be gone by now, u you can confirm by reloading the app.