Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
The whole point of having an eCommerce store is for customers to shop from the comfort of their homes comfortably, but to do that, they have to find you first. This is why SEO comes in; using SEO, customers can find your store, so how do you make sure your store is search engine optimized? You'll need a tool to do all the work for you.
Using the Smart SEO Shopify app by Sherpas design, you can now optimize your Shopify store's SEO and JSON-LD to meet Google's requirements. Smart SEO will automatically generate meta tags and alt tags for all the products listed on your store.
With this app, you get a handy tool that allows you to create templates for metadata generation. This template will act as a set of rules that Smart SEO will use to generate new tags when adding new products and pages to your store.
The Smart SEO Shopify app also provides structured data to Google in JSON-LD format to allow search engines to find your store and improves the store's ranking in search results. To find out the best features of the Smart SEO Shopify app, keep reading this app review.
- Multi-language support
- Generate meta tags
- Generate image alt tags
- Add JSON-LD Structured Data
- Remove Microdata
- Sitemap Support
- Run Sales Easily: Disco Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Customer Surveys for Your Shopify Store Using Enquire Labs: Honest App Review and Tutorial
- Create Email and SMS Push Notifications: Firepush Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Reduce Shopify Cart Abandonment Rates: Abandonment Protector App Review and Tutorial
- Live Shopping For Shopify: Baaz Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Customer Trust: Free Trust Badge Master App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Use Gift Cards for Your Loyalty Program: Rise.ai Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Personalize Your Shopify Homepage: DataCue App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Facebook Messenger Marketing: ShopMessage App Review and Tutorial
- Create Shopify Wishlists: Wishlist Plus App Review and Tutorial
- Best Shopify Web Push Notifications App? Push Monkey App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Currency Converter: Best Currency Converter App Review and Tutorial
- Print On Demand Dropshipping Products: Printful Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Shopify Notification Emails: Spently Email Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell on Shopify: Simile |Similar Upsell Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Build A Customer Loyalty Program: LoyaltyLion App Review and Tutorial
- Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Social Proof: ProveSource Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Your Shopify Store’s SEO: Smart SEO Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Improve Facebook Marketing Using Recart FB Messenger Marketing app
- Create Custom Product Options Using App: Bold Product Options for Shopify Review
- Smart Push Marketing Shopify App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Create Custom Metafields: Metafields Custom Field Master Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Customize Your Announcement Bar: Quick Announcement Bar Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- 40+ Sales Booster Apps In 1: VITALS Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Auto-schedule Social Media Posts: Facebook Instagram AutoPostr App Review and Tutorial
- Facebook Messenger Marketing Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
Smart SEO Shopify App Tutorial
- After the Smart SEO Shopify app is installed, you should be on the dashboard. To create Meta Tags, click on the Meta Tags from the navigation bar at the top of the page, and you will see a list of all your products, collections, blogs, articles, and pages alongside SEO score. This column will find the list of your keywords, and this button will take you to the new page. On this page, you should be able to change your meta title and description. The title length should be a minimum of 30 characters, so try to be creative with it.
For the meta description, it should be between 80 and 160 characters. The meta description tag serves the function of advertising copy. It draws readers to a website from the SERP, which is an obvious and important part of search marketing. Crafting a readable, compelling description using important keywords can improve the click-through rate for a given webpage.
To maximize click-through rates on search engine result pages, it's important to note that Google and other search engines bold keywords in the description when they match search queries.
- This bold text can draw the eyes of searchers, so you should match your descriptions to search terms as closely as possible.
One other great option is editing your meta titles and descriptions in bulk. Now let's jump to the keywords.
- Meta keywords are types of meta tags in the HTML source code of a webpage. They describe a website's content shortly and concisely and are therefore important indicators of a website's content to search engines.
Smart SEO app gives you an easy way of adding keywords to your Shopify store; just click on the button and add up to 5 keywords. It is really easy.
Did you know that Google image search represent 27% of all queries generated across the top 10 US web search properties? If you want your images to be listed on google image search, you will need to do image SEO. It is not complicated as you imagine, our video tutorial will be live soon, but you will need to add alt-tags anyway.
- There is an option in the Shopify admin for this, but with Smart SEO, you can edit it in bulk, and it is a much simpler process.
If you're not familiar with JSON, don't be intimidated. It's quite simple to use, and the app gives you example tokens to choose from. In basic terms, Structured Data is information about your store pages, which goes beyond the title and the description and which search engines read in order to understand your business. Smart SEO provides this essential SEO data to all search engines so that they know about the products and services you offer and can rank your website higher.
Having a sitemap is key to a healthy SEO, and this feature saves you the need of implementing yet another plugin, and you could always find a dedicated sitemap plugin,
But the more apps you needlessly install to your site, the more chances these apps will slow down your page speed. This goes counter to your goal of improving your SEO!
All Shopify stores automatically generate a sitemap.xml file that contains links to all your products, pages, collections, blogs, and blog posts. This is used by search engines like Google to scan your web pages for content quickly. With this app, you can easily submit your sitemap to Google Search Console to make sure that your site can be easily crawled and indexed by Google.
It is time for the speed test. As with every app, we will test if this app affects your store speed. I don't think we will see any impact, and it would be counterproductive since speed is one of the ranking factors, but let; 's see.
We will use our own tool testmystorespeed.com, go check it out - it is free and Shopify specific; tell us what you think.
Before installing the Smart SEO app, we tested this store, and now we can compare results in this section here. As I thought the speed of our demo store didn't change at all, there are no additional requests, and the page size didn't change.
For customer support, you can get the help center which is a one-page explanation of how the app works or get a guided tour. The Smart SEO app actually has amazing customer service. They responded to our email in 5 minutes or so, and they fixed our issue.