Is Smile.io The Best Rewards & Loyalty App For Your Shopify Store? Honest 2021 Review
It is common knowledge that to keep anyone coming back for more; you have to attract them with something. For eCommerce stores, loyalty programs are one way to not ensure customer retention, referrals, and overall more profit for the business. Loyalty programs are also a great way to set your business apart from your competitors by ensuring your customers feel valued.
How do these loyalty programs work, you might ask, simply put, it involves rewarding your customer for their loyalty and continuous patronage to your brand.
Creating a loyalty program for your Shopify store is made easier using Smile.io. The Smile.io App offers a loyalty program for Shopify stores, ensuring customer loyalty while also encouraging behaviors to boost consumer engagement and retention. In this app review, we would be considering why Smile.io is the best loyalty program provider for your Shopify store and what makes it stand out.
What is Smile.io App?
If you want your customers to keep coming back for more, then you have to give them something worthwhile to keep them engaged. Smile.io distinguishes themselves as the world's largest reward program provider with over twenty-five thousand (25,000) active reward programs, fifty million (50m) participating members, and one hundred (100) partner agencies.
Using Smile.io, you can change your business's overall course by rewarding your partners, ensuring they remain committed to your brand and even refer your business to their friends and family.
With these loyalty programs, you can encourage customer engagement, ensuring that they stick with you forever. With Smile.io, you get to cut back on the costs of customer acquisition instead boosting their retention using referrals, points, exclusive offers, and many other loyalty rewards.
You also save more on unpredictable, expensive ads instead of creating a much more powerful structure. Smile.io lets you boost sales using your existing customer base through referrals, interactive pop-ups, points, campaigns.
Smile.io has received an average of 4.7stars and 3794 reviews. The reviews on the app are mostly positive, citing its free offer to small businesses, ease of use as well as 24/7 customer service.
Smile.io offers several excellent features to users, and here are some of them:
- An engaging rewards button and pop up panel that lives right on your store makes email capture and gaining new members easy
- Customization ease to match your store design: add logos, banner images, advanced color options, and more!
- Intuitive UI
- It lets you build a powerful rewards program using the Loyalty points program, referral program, and VIP program.
- 24/7 customer support
- Tyler Handley (Co-Founder & CEO, inkbox)
"In the first month after we launched our inkfam program, we saw an 80% increase in repeat purchases and issued over 3 million points to our 70K loyalty members."
- Add A Trust Badge to Your Shopify Store: Free Trust Badge App Review and Tutorial
- Build Your Own Contact Form: POWR Form Builder App Review and Tutorial
- Create Native Shopping App For Your Shopify Using Plobal: App Review and Tutorial
- Automatically Backup Your Shopify Store: Rewind Backups Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Order Status Tracker Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Collect Product Reviews on Shopify: Okendo App Review and Tutorial
- Increase Conversion Using Quick View: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create A FOMO Using Conversion Plus: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Upsell Products to Customers Using Upsell Recommendations: Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Use Facebook to Boost Sales: Messenger Channel Shopify App Tutorial and Review
- Optimize Your Feed for Google: Google Shopping Feed Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop Master ‑ Countdown App Review and Tutorial
- Shopify Mega Menu App: Buddha Mega Menu Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Create Offers Using Ultimate Special Offers: App Review and Tutorial
- Best Email Marketing App for Shopify? Seguno App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Free Live Chat App for Shopify: Tawk.to Review and Tutorial
- Create A Loyalty Program on Shopify Using Yotpo: App Review and Quick Tutorial
- Simplify Dropshipping Using Dropified - App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Email Marketing App On Shopify? Privy ‑ Pop-Ups, Email, & SMS App Review
- Shopify Image SEO: Bulk Image Edit App Review and Tutorial
- WhatsApp Chat Shopify App - Boost Customer Experience: Review and Quick Tutorial
- Customize Shopify Pages Using Shogun Landing Page Builder App: Review and Tutorial
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications For Shopify - App Review and Tutorial
- Gorgias Live Chat 4 Shopify - Features Review & Tutorial
- Stamped.io Product Reviews & UGC - Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Omnisend Email Marketing - Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- The Best Shopify SEO App? SEO BOOSTER APP - Honest Review
- GROWAVE Shopify App Review - Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews & UGC
- YOTPO PRODUCT REVIEWS SHOPIFY APP - Honest Review
- PRODUCT REVIEWS SHOPIFY APP - Honest Review and Quick Tutorial
- LOOX SHOPIFY PHOTO REVIEWS APP - Honest Review
- Should you switch to SHOPIFY EMAIL app? Honest Review and Quick Tutorial
- METAFIELDS GURU Shopify App - Quick Tutorial & HONEST REVIEW
- OBERLO DROPSHIPPING - Honest Shopify App Review & Quick Tutorial
- ReCharge Subscriptions Shopify App Review 2021
- Tidio Live Chat Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Spocket EU/US Dropshipping Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Sales Pop & Social Proof Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- Klaviyo: Email, SMS & Forms Shopify App Review and Tutorial
- VolumeBoost- Volume Discount Shopify App Review & Tutorial
- 5 Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps
- Is Smile.io The Best Rewards & Loyalty App For Your Shopify Store? Honest 2021 Review
- What Can You Do With Zipify Pages Builder & Editor? Honest 2021 Shopify App Review
- Can You Quickly Grow Sales Using Lucky Orange Heatmaps & Replay? 2021 Shopify App Review
- Infinite Options Shopify App - App Review and Quick Tutorial by Ecom Experts
- Should You Use One Click Upsell by Zipify On Your Shopify Store? 2021 Review
- MODALYST REVIEW - Should you use THIS DROPSHIPPING App in 2021?
- GemPages Easiest Shopify Page Builder & Funnel App? Honest 2021 Review by EcomExperts.io
- CartHook Post Purchase Offers App Review and Tutorial
- Bundler-Product Bundles App Review
- 10+ Ways to reward
- Points & referral programs
- Visual customizations
- Default rewards emails
- All Free features
- Full design customization
- 1 Smile App integration included
- Remove Smile.io branding
- All Starter features
- Nudges (engaging on-site pop ups)
- Points expiry
- Advanced analytics dashboard
- All Growth features
- VIP program
- Unlimited Smile App integration
- Access to Success Manager
Smile.io integrates with:
- Shopify POS
Smile.io App Tutorial
- To start using the Smile.io app, search for it on your Shopify store. Next, click on installations, and once integrated, you can start using the Smile.io app.
- Once added, the app automatically redirects you to the main dashboard, and a "Start Guide" option pops up. Using this start guide, you can:
- Convert customers to members
- Customize display
- Review program recommendations
- Select plan and
- Launch your program
At the top right corner of the start guide, the steps you have gone through are listed.
On the menu located at the left corner, there is a navigation guide:
- Integrations and finally
- Reward programs
- To create your first loyalty program, click the Home button and next enable customer accounts. Once customer accounts are enabled, Shopify starts to store password-protected information about the identity of a customer, their order history, and current order status.
- Next, it's time to customize your rewards panel. Here, you can try out different elements, including colors, shapes, and wallpapers, until you find something satisfactory.
With Smile.io, you can choose different positions and spacing for your desktop and mobile. When you upgrade to its premium plans, you can now add custom banner images and also remove smile branding.
- In the navigation, you can also customize different panel headers for visitors and members. With a premium plan, you can make your own account design, referrals, and points tabs.
- Next is your Launcher. The Launcher is where your customers can interact with your rewards program, which means that it must be visible on your website. It is vital that your Launcher is visible on your site so customers can easily discover, join and engage with your program.
You can choose between three different Launcher layouts for your program:
- An icon with text
- An icon only
- Text only
- Smile.io also features powerful on-site reminders to ensure customers continually boost their points spending and reward usage. These reminders are called "Nudges," which reminds customers to use the benefits they have earned as a member of your rewards program. Each nudge includes a Message which reminds them that they have program benefits they can add to their purchase. It also includes an "Action," which is a secondary Nudge that contains a reward code they can use in their cart.
- Using Smile.io, you can also notify customers about their earned points automatically. To check insights on the Program members, Points transactions and Referral purchases, simply check the analytics tab.
- On the premium account, you can go an extra step to integrate your favorite marketing tools with Smile.io. You have a pick from more than 20 email service providers, review apps as well as other online marketing tools.
- To edit earning and spending rules and also see the latest points activities, just click on points in the left navigation menu. You can add or edit rules with no restrictions, even on the free plan.
Smile.io referral program allows you to customize rewards and sharing options all from your Shopify store's dashboard.
As the biggest loyalty rewards provider in the world, Smile.io offers numerous benefits to users, even on a free plan. It works efficiently with Shopify and Shopify Plus. Using the out-of-box functionalities, it allows you to create an efficient, engaging referral and loyalty program for customers on your eCommerce store.
You can also customize your program, adding or removing rules as you deem fit. However, there is no API access on other plans except for the Enterprise version, which is a limit if you want to set up an advanced configuration.