- Start by installing the Sumo: Boost Conversion & Sales; once the app is installed, you need to create a sumo account. Fill out the form, and you can proceed to your account. Now you need to choose your shop platform, click on Shopify, and you should be back on the Shopify app store. Once you log in, you should be on the app dashboard.
- On the dashboard, you'll be greeted with this already made popup. To create your first popup, go ahead and click on a blue button that says Create Form. A new window should appear; on the left, you'll find the list of items, and on the right, there's a live preview.
The first step is to choose a Goal of your campaign from the 4 options are available:
- Collect Emails - collect visitor's email addresses and/or other information.
- Add a Call to Action - point users to a specific URL with a button.
- Get Social Shares - get more social traffic through Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- Collect Info With Custom Code - collect visitor's email addresses and/or other information with custom HTML.
Choose Collect emails and click on form type. For the form types, you can choose between:
- Show a popup box in the middle of the page.
- popup box that sticks to the bottom of the page.
- Form box that is in line with the content of the page.
- popup in the middle of the page that is activated by a link click.
- Show a form that covers the entire page.
- Show a bar that sticks to the top of the page.
Choose one and start designing it a little. There are plenty of templates available; basically, you can choose the one that goes well with your theme, and you are good to go. To use the editor, just click on the item on the popup, and you can customize it directly.
If you click on the success button here, you can also customize the success popup. Let's check what the Visibility tab offers. In this tab, you can control when your popup will appear. You can choose between:
- Smart Mode- Let the app decide the best time and place to show form.
- Manual Mode - Choose where and when your form shows.
Choose one to see how that works and jump to the success tab. In the success tab, you can control the success events and how your form is being tracked. First, you have to set an email which will be automatically sent to the person who signs up. Click on a blue button that says Add new email, and a new window should appear. You can add
Content Upgrade, Discount Code or custom image then save by clicking the blue button "Save email".
The last step is to connect the app to your favorite email service. Thirty-six total integrations are available.
Let's publish this popup by clicking on this button here. And you'll be back to the dashboard. From here, you can get some basic analytics, Pause Form, Rename, Clone Form, Create Test, Download CSV or delete the form. Also, there is the ability for A/B testing in the test tab.