If you are tired of watching other people’s successes while your Shopify store is standing still, keep reading and we guarantee you that this will no longer be the case!
You may think that you don’t have control over your store loading speed, but your loading speed depends on how you treat your site!
Page loading speed became the most important thing on which depends your survival in the market. Slow loading affects your bounce rate, your conversion, and SEO!
Go check out your loading speed! We built the only Shopify specific tool, testmystorespeed.com.
It is completely free and it will give you insight into the loading speed of all your pages, on mobile and desktop. You can see which apps are running on your website, and the tool will give you actionable advice on how to improve your store speed!
So your report was not as good as you hoped it would be? Take a good look at mistakes you should avoid to keep your store SUPER FAST!
- Image optimization is one of the simplest ways to speed up your Shopify store’s load time. If you optimize the images before uploading you will save a huge amount of data which leads to a better speed of your store.
- Reduce the number of high-resolution images – content sliders are not required.
- Keep apps to a minimum! Remove the apps you are not using anymore, they are ruining your store speed!
- The faster page will bring you more customers than a nice theme. Use the simple one, it will work fine for your needs. Also always make sure that you are installing the latest version of it.
- To organize your tracking, use Google Tag Manager and keep all the code together and choose to only load code on the specific product page.
- Fix broken links and redirects! They will be the first to drive away customers!
After each change made, you can test your speed on our FREE tool testmystorespeed.com and see the much better score for each optimization area!
It’s not enough to optimize your site once. You have to do it on a regular basis, because every app or theme that you install, or even image you upload may slow you down. It won’t happen overnight for sure, but if you don’t learn to handle your site carefully, slow indicators will accumulate, and later you’ll have much more work to do to take back your previous site speed.